Today on the podcast, I am joined by Louise Adams, a clinical psychologist out of Sydney, Australia, founder of the UNTRAPPED Academy, and host of the podcast All Fired Up.
I discovered Louise and her work through her podcast, where she did a series debunking Brightline Eating. Louise hopes to help people wake up to diet culture B.S. and understand the cycle that diet culture creates.
In this episode, we will discuss:
- Brightline Eating and the harms that this program creates and promotes.
- How to be a B.S. detector and understand that if someone says they have “cracked the weight loss code,” they are most likely selling you a false narrative.
- How to find pleasure in food again.
- Deciding what you value and how you want to live your life.
Louise also shared a few shifts to lessen the impact of diet culture.
- How to rediscover pleasure with food and create relaxation around food.
- Ask yourself what you value in your life. Louise says it is about “understanding that values are what you stand for as a human being and what you really want to get out of life.”
- Turning to a professional, especially if you are experiencing disordered eating or an eating disorder.